Sally-Ann Creed Gelatine 500g
Here are some interesting thoughts about gelatin.
- As you age, it is said to dramatically reduce wrinkles and cellulite – why? Because it makes collagen. Bone broth daily is always first prize, but if you aren’t going to do that, this might be the answer.
- It reduces inflammation and repairs torn cartilage
- Due to high levels of the amino acid proline, acne and connective tissue both experience repair, produce collage and generally improve skin texture – it’s a beauty treatment in a tub.
- Have you heard of leaky gut? This is one magnificent way to start to heal leaky gut syndrome – you’ll see results in less than 10 days as it goes to work to heal the damaged intestinal lining by enhancing acid production and restoring the healthy mucosal lining of your stomach at the same time.
- Amazingly, it is fabulous for reducing gastroesophageal reflux too (no more antacids), it calms heartburn, ulcers and reflux by binding the gut acids to the food.
- The anti-inflammatory nature of gelatin is perfect for those with auto-immune diseases
- It even helps you sleep – research has shown that the amino acid glycine found in high quantities in gelatin, enhances the quality of your sleep and reduces daytime tiredness – add it to any hot food or beverage
- It is said to improve memory due to the high glycine levels which also calm anxiety, modulate brain neurotransmitters so the nervous system is calmed, and glycine is excellent at clearing toxins from the liver
- Helps prevent constipation
- Glycine has an anti-estrogenic effect which helps offset the effects of excess estrogen in the body – good for women who are estrogen-dominant and battle to lose weight
- If you eat a lot of muscle meats like steak, lamb, chicken etc – you probably aren’t getting enough offal, bone broths etc – and this is where gelatin is so enormously helpful and vital. Too much muscle meat contains some amino acids which over time eaten in excess can become quite inflammatory (that’s why I never advocate a high protein diet). But gelatin is the missing link in a meat-rich diet. It contains two very anti-inflammatory amino acids balancing and completing if you like, the other meat sources.
- Are you an athlete who wants to bulk up safely – gelatin helps to build muscle. There’s no magic bullet, but as it’s a source of pure protein, it’s a great bulking aid. One tablespoon of dried powdered gelatin has 23 calories and 6g of protein. Perfect for adding to your smoothie as a protein source, as it’s totally tasteless.
- I’ve saved the best for last – it may even help weight loss. Because it is pure protein which speeds up metabolism, if you take a tablespoon before bed with water, you may be pleasantly surprised. Don’t overdo it, just a spoon before bed (not half a jar!) is fine.
Sally-Ann Creed's gelatin is bovine in origin and of a superior quality.